Hello YDMA families,
It’s hard to believe that we are in the month of May already! I can still recall the faces of our students as they embarked on the beginning of the school year in September. The excitement, hope, and jitters from those first few days of school have given way to discovery, learning, and tremendous growth. Our students have engaged in various units of study so far and have embodied the IB attributes that we celebrate monthly during our awards assemblies.
It's wonderful to see the love of learning grow and flourish and to see that as we inch towards June and the end of the school year our students continue to blossom!
Read on to learn what each grade has been up to and see what we are learning as we continue to be thinkers and inquirers!
Dates to remember:
- Thursday, May 4, 2023: Parent Teacher Conferences starting at 4:30 pm
- Tuesday, May 9, 2023: PTA parent breakfast starting at 8:10 am
- Wednesday, May 10, 2023: PTA/ Title 1 PAC meeting starting at 6 pm via Zoom.
- Wednesday, May 24, 2023: Town hall with Mrs. D and Mrs. Ellman at 5:30 pm via Zoom
- Monday, May 29, 2023: No School in observance of Memorial Day
Thank you for your continued partnership and collaboration in service of our wonderful YDMA scholars.
Lastly, be sure to follow us on social media!
Facebook: PS 242- Young Diplomats Magnet Academy
- Return to School 2020
- Chancellor Richard A. Carranza Announces Italian DL program for YDMA!
- NYC DOE Website
- Lunch Menu
- Student Uniforms
- Quality Review Link!
- Please follow our Italian Dual Language Facebook Page “In Italiano - Bilinguismo a New York”
- Free Meal Locations
- YOUNG Diplomats Magnet academy layout.pdf
COMMUNITY NEWSFEED- READ WHAT OUR SCHOOL HAS PLANNED!
1st Session: 4:30 pm- 7:30 pm
Students will have half day and students will be dismissed at 11:30 am. There will be no after school on this day.
We will have our Parent Association and Title 1 Parent Advisory Council meeting on Wednesday, May 10, 2023, at 6:00 pm. During this meeting, we will have a President’s report, treasurer's Report, and an update from our Principal and Assistant Principal. We encourage you to join our meeting!
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 945 0406 1846
PTA & Title 1 Agenda:
Welcome/ Call to Order
Approval of minutes
Title 1 PAC Report
Next PTA meeting: April 18, 2023